It seems only fitting that the world’s fastest production pickup* have the world’s coolest paint job. So the design team at Dodge went wild and created the 2005 Dodge Ram SRT10 “Yellow Fever Edition.” This limited-production model takes the incredible performance of SRT10’s 8.3-litre, 500-horsepower Viper V10 engine and wraps it all in some of the highest-impact Solar Yellow paint you’ll ever see.
Above: The Yellow Fever interior featured a combination of leather and suede. Custom embroidery complemented the Solar Yellow exterior and graphics. Things included were climate control, CD stereo, power seats, cruise control, tinted glass and more.
Above: The dash and door panels included yellow-painted accents. Also included was a serialized plaque to indicate the build number of each truck. This one is number 7 of 500.
This future collectible also has a number of other special design features that make it an instant classic:
- Unique “fanged” hood stripe.
- 22-inch polished aluminum wheels.
- Special numbered dash plaque.
- Yellow centre stack bezel.
- Yellow door spears.
- Yellow stitching on steering wheel, seats and Regular Cab manual transmission shifter.
- Yellow embroidering on SRT10 floor mats.
- Under-rail box liner.
- Special Yellow Fever Edition badging.
*According to Guiness Book of World Records on February 2, 2004, for Dodge Ram SRT10 Regular Cab model.