Body Style: Two-Seat Pickup Assembly Plant: Saltillo, Mexico: EPA Vehicle Class: Truck
All dimensions are in inches (millimeters) unless otherwise noted.
- Availability: Quad Cab and Regular Cab Performance Pickup.
- Type and Description: 10-cylinder, 90-degree V-type, liquid-cooled.
- Displacement: 8.3L, (505 cu. in.) Bore x Stroke: 4.03 x 3.96 (102.4 x 100.6)
- Valve System: OHV, 20 valves, roller-type hydraulic lifters Fuel Injection: Sequential, multi-port, electronic.
- Construction: Aluminum alloy block with cast-iron liners, aluminum alloy heads.
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Power (SAE net): 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5600 rpm (60.4 bhp/liter).
- Torque (SAE net): 525 lb.-ft. (712 N•m) @ 4200 rpm
- Max. Engine Speed: 6000 rpm
- Fuel Requirement: Unleaded premium—91 Octane (R+M)/2
- Oil Capacity: 10.5 qt. (9.9L)
- Coolant Capacity: 12.8 qt. (11.9L)
- Emission Controls: Four three-way catalytic converters, heated oxygen sensors, engine internal features.
- Alternator: 136-amp
- Battery: Group 65, low-maintenance, 600 CCA.
Transmission / Final Drive Specifications:
- Manual: Six-speed overdrive with Hurst shifter mechanism and linkage.
- Description: Synchronized in all gears, electronic 1-4 skip-shift and reverse lockout mechanisms.
- Gear Ratios: 1st – 1.78, 2nd – 1.30, 3rd – 1.00, 4th – 0.74, 5th – 0.50, 6th – 2.66
- Axle ratio: 4.56
- Overall Top Gear: 2.28
- Final Drive: Dana Super-60.
Dimensions And Capacities:
- Wheelbase: 120.5
- Box Length: 6 ft. 3 in.
- Track-Front: 68.5
- Track-Rear: 67.9
- Overall Length: 203.1
- Overall Width: 79.9
- Overall Height: 74.4
- Tailgate Load Height: 34
- Ground Clearance – Approach angle: 16.3 degrees
- Ramp breakover angle: 23.1 degrees
- Departure angle: 25.2 degrees
- Curb Weight (estimated): 5,100 lbs.
- Frontal Area: 34.6 sq. ft.
- Drag Coefficient: 0.43
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 26 gal.
Cargo Box Specifications:
- Nominal Box Size: 6.3
- SAE Volume: 57.7 cu. ft. (1.62 cu. m)
- Length at Floor, Tailgate Closed: 75.9 (1928)
- Cargo Width: 66.4 (1687)
- Distance Between Wheelhouses: 51.0 (1295)
- Depth: 20.2 (512)
- Tailgate Opening Width: 63.5 1612).
- Seating Capacity: 2
- Head Room: 40.9 (1040)
- Leg Room: 41.0 (1041)
- Shoulder Room: 67.1 (1705.6)
- Hip Room: 64.9 (1648.2)
- Seat Travel: 9.0 (229)
- Interior Volume: 65.06 cu. ft.
(a) All dimensions measured at curb weight with standard tires.
- Layout: Longitudinal front engine, rear-wheel drive.
- Construction: Ladder-type frame, steel cab, double-wall steel pickup box.
- Front: Upper and lower “A” arm, performance-tuned strut and spring assembly, Bilstein mono-tube shock absorbers, performance-tuned stabilizer bar.
- Rear: Live axle, performance-tuned strut and spring assembly, Bilstein mono-tube shock absorbers, performance-tuned stabilizer bar.
- Overall Ratio: 15.4:1
- Turning Diameter: 39.3 ft. (11.97 m)
- Steering Turns (lock-to-lock): 3.0
Tires And Wheels Specifications:
- Tire Manufacturer and Model: Pirelli Scorpion Zero Size and Type: 305/40YR22
- Wheels Type and Material: Viper-style forged aluminum Size: 22 x 10 in.
- Description: Performance anti-lock four-wheel brakes FMVSS 135 brake certification.
- Front-Size and type: 380 x 35.5 mm vented disc
- Rear-Size and type: 350 x 30.0 mm vented disc Power Assist Type: Vacuum assist
Source Of Photos And Information: DaimlerChrysler Corporation
Own a Dodge Ram SRT10? Get it featured on our network. Click here to submit your Mopar!