- Type: 90˚ V Cylinders: 8 Valve Arrangement: Overhead, Hydraulic Lifters
- Bore & Stroke: 4.32 x 3.75 Piston Displacement: 440
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1 Firing Order: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
- Maximum Brake Horse Power: 375 @ 4600 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 480 @ 3200 RPM
- Intake Valve Diameter: 2.08″ Exhaust Valve Diameter: 1.74″
- Valve Lift – Intake .450 Exhaust .465
- Valve Open Duration Intake – Intake 276˚ Exhaust 292˚
- Valve Overlap: 54˚, Intake Opens 25˚ BTDC
- Pistons: Aluminum Alloy with Three Rings Crankshaft: Drop Forged Steel
Engine Tuning Specifications:
- Idle Speed (neutral): 800 RPM
- Basic Ignition Timing (with vacuum line disconnected): 2-1/2˚ @ 800 RPM
- Spark Plugs: Champion J-11Y Spark Plug Gap: 035
- Distributor Breaker Point Gap: .016-.021
Fuel And Lubricating System:
- Carburetor: Carter One 4-Barrel, Down Draft, Velocity, Valve Type Secondary System, Automatic Choke.
- Fuel Pump: Mechanical Air Cleaner: Paper Element, 500 sq. in. Effective Area.
- Gas Tank Capacity: 24 gals.
- Crankcase Capacity: 6 Quarts (add 1 qt. when replacing Filter). Oil Filter: Full-Flow Type
- Capacity: 15.5 qts, (17 quarts if equipped with A.C.)
- Type: “Series-Flow” With Pressure-Vent and Thermostatic By-Pass Temperature Control.
- Fan: 7-Blade, 18″ dia.
- Type: 12 Volt, Negative Ground
- Battery (without air conditioning): 78 Plate, 70 Ampere-Hour Alternator: 37 Ampere
- Ignition Distributor: Dual Breaker, Mechanical & Vacuum Advance.
- Type – Automatic: Torque Converter & Planetary Gears, Fully Automatic
- Max. Over-All Torque Multiplication: 4.90 First Gear Ratio: 2.45 Second Gear Ratio: 1.45
- Type Lubricant Recommended: Auto. Trans. Fluid, Type “A” Suffix “A” Capacity: 19.0 pts.
- Type: Constant-Control Power Steering Ratio (gear): 15.7
- Ratio (Standard) with automatic transmission: 3.23 to 1
The Mopar related information found in this section is believed to be accurate. The 440magnum Network assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in anything that is referenced by or linked to and from this site. This information is provided "as is" and was obtained from Chrysler Corporation, WWW, Books and other Reference Materials.