Specifications: ( Based On 1970 Information )
- Engine Type: OHV V-8
- Piston Displacement: 340 cu. in.
- Bore And Stroke: 4.04″ x 3.31″
- Compression Ratio: 10.5 to 1
- Horsepower @ R.P.M.: 275 @ 5000
- Torque, lb-ft. @ R.P.M.: 340 @ 3200
- Fuel Recommendation: Premium
Designed as a performance engine. The High Performance 340 V-8 is considered as the ultimate small block Mopar engine. The 340 featured high compression, big valves (2.02 intake, 1.60 exhaust), forged and shot-peened crank and rods and more.
The High Performance 340 V-8 was available from 1968 -1973.
Source Of Information: Chrysler Corporation