Specifications: ( Based On 1970 Information )
- Engine Type: OHV V-8
- Piston Displacement: 318 cu. in.
- Bore And Stroke: 3.91″ x 3.31″
- Compression Ratio: 8.8 to 1
- Horsepower @ R.P.M.: 230 @ 4400
- Torque, lb-ft. @ R.P.M.: 320 @ 2000
- Fuel Recommendation: Regular
The 318 “LA” was the base V-8 engine used on many Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth products. Designed as a bread & Butter engine it was only offered with a 2 Barrel carburetor. This changed in 1978 with the addition a 4 Barrel carburetor borrowed from the 360 engine. The 318 was in production for over 30 years.
The 318 V-8 engine production started in 1967.
Source Of Information: Chrysler Corporation