Specifications: ( Based On 1970 Information )
- Engine Type: OHV V-8
- Piston Displacement: 440 cu. in.
- Bore And Stroke: 4.32″ x 3.75″
- Compression Ratio: 10.1 to 1
- Horsepower @ R.P.M.: 390 @ 4700
- Torque, lb-ft. @ R.P.M.: 490 @ 3200
- Fuel Recommendation: Premium
The “440 Six Pack” engine was offered in 1969 – 1971. This engine featured three two-barrel Holley carburetors on an Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold, Special Camshaft, Silenced Air Cleaner, low restriction exhaust manifolds and large dual exhaust. This engine was rated at 390 hp and 490 pounds-feet of torque.
Available as an option the 440 Six Pack engine’s had power almost equivalent to more expensive 426 HEMI.