- Type and description: Eight cylinders, 90-degree V-type, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 345 cu. in. (5.7-liter)
- Bore x stroke: 3.92 in. x 3.58 in. (99.5 mm x 90.9 mm)
- Valve system: Pushrod-operated overhead valves, 16 valves (eight deactivating, eight conventional when equipped with Multi-Displacement System), hydraulic roller lifters.
- Fuel injection: Sequential, multi-port, electronic, returnless
- Construction: Deep-skirt cast iron block with cross-bolted main bearing caps. Aluminum alloy heads with hemispherical combustion chambers.
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1
- Power (SAE net): 345 hp (257 kW) @ 5400 rpm, (61.0 hp/L), truck applications; 340 hp (254 kW) @ 5000, passenger vehicle applications.
- Torque (SAE net): 375 lb.-ft. (508 Nm) @ 4200 rpm, truck applications; 390 lb.-ft. (525 Nm) @ 4000, passenger vehicle applications
- Max. engine speed: 5800 rpm (electronically limited)
- Fuel requirement: Unleaded mid-grade, 89 octane (R+M)/2 – recommended; Unleaded regular, 87 octane (R+M)/2 – acceptable
- Oil capacity: 7 qt. (6.6L)
The Mopar related information found in this section is believed to be accurate. The 440magnum Network assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in anything that is referenced by or linked to and from this site. This information is provided "as is" and was obtained from Chrysler Corporation, WWW, Books and other Reference Materials.